Monday, February 27, 2012

A week

Birding at Raccoon Creek State Park


 It is a week until I leave the country, and what have I been up to?
  • Reading The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • Birding
  • Duck Banding
Pretty fun! The Hobbit was a recommendation from a coworker from Shaver's Creek. He said I would like it because of the adventure.

In the birding world, I am tied for 11th place in Allegheny county.
http://ebird.org/ebird/top100?locInfo.regionCode=US-PA-003&year=2012&locInfo.regionType=subnational2 (will change as time goes on).

Lastly, I visited Abby doing her job for the Game Commission, tackling deer and banding ducks. Unfortunately no deer, but definitely some ducks! 

I am still waiting on my visa. It has to come this week, or I will not be able to leave the country. I hope it comes this week, either wise it means changing my plane ticket.

Where I will be staying is still a mystery. I have a feeling that I will be staying with my professor, probably in the attic. Then I could be called the American in the Attic!

Abby and I duck banding

No comments:

Post a Comment