Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Gardens

The Gardens
              The Botanical Gardens located behind my building (the Zoology one), is unbelievable. Talk about a secret garden! In order to access it, one needs to have permission on your student card. My student card lets me get into the buildings after hours. As soon as Lindy took me to the gardens, I knew I wanted to have access there.
              
             There are Dr. Seuss trees, hidden paths, secret benches, multiple bridges, a stream, a pond, gazebo, grassland, and lots and lots of plants! Most of the plants are labeled, and there is a plant and tree guide. There is also a bird list, and I have started my checklist. I plan to go every morning. There is one Helmeted Guineafowl in the gardens, the rest were eaten by mongoose. I know how it feels bud to be the only one! 
              
             The best part of the gardens is that I can walk to them. It is about a 15 minute walk to campus from where I am staying.  I would like to explore more, but I don’t have a car. I am learning to drive the university SUV. It is a stick shift and they drive on the other side of the road! I am so glad I learned about clutch while getting my motorcycle license, it helped a lot! I still have a long way to go. Thinking about driving school maybe? I don’t want to wreck a university vehicle! 

Dr. Seuss Tree


No comments:

Post a Comment