Friday, March 16, 2012

The Outdoor Shower

South Africa 2010
                American in the attic? How about American in the private bungalow out back with its own bath? Did I mention the outdoor shower? Oh and you can hear the fruit bats that are flying around the avocado tee. Avocados grow on trees? Haha!
                This is my first night at the professors house. My first night in South African I stayed with Lindy, who picked me up at the airport. She is a lovely tour guide, as well as friend, it helps that we both love animals!
                Tonight we went out to dinner: Ladies night out with about nine South African women. I was reminded that as an American we dine out more compared to the world. This was the first time some of these women had been out to eat in months!
                In regards to my studies, I have been busy with paperwork. Registering as a student and getting a student card that allows me to enter the buildings on campus. I have also been applying for two bursaries, which are due today. The graduate students are all gathering today to go over a paper, excited to give my perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment